BARONS PULLS OFF A CHRISTMAS CRACKER AT SANDOWN PARK
Barons’ Christmas Classic Sale at Sandown Park on December 12 saw a number of entries almost double estimate.
These included a 1964 Jaguar Mk 3.8 saloon, which achieved £41,800 (estimate £22,000-£28,000), and a 1994 Jaguar XJS 4.0 ‘facelift’ model that was bought for £11,000 (estimate £4,500-£6,000).
One hotly-contested lot was the ideal hot hatch – the 1989 Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI. With just one lady owner from new and only 21,000 miles on the clock, this sold for £26,620, racing past the £18,000-£22,000 estimate.
The snow may have been falling heavily – which prevented quite a few of the cars entered for the auction making it to the sale room on time, but those that were there found ready and enthusiastic buyers.
The 1934 Alvis Speed 20 SB – a challenging but enormously rewarding restoration project – achieved £13,200 and the new owner can now enjoy planning the work the car will undergo in 2018.
The 1954 Morris Minor 1000 that has spent 30 years under a dust sheet in a farm shed was offered at no reserve, and its buyer has acquired a charming starter classic for £1,450.
The Barons team doesn’t have much time to rest over Christmas – it’s already into taking consignments for the first sale of 2018, the Classic Winter Warmer at Sandown Park on February 27.
The full Barons 2018 sale calendar is as follows:
- Classic Winter Warmer, Sandown Park – 27/02/2018
- Spring Classic, Sandown Park – 21/04/2018
- British Heritage, Classic and Sports Cars, Sandown Park – 05/06/2018
- Summer Classic, Sandown Park – 17/07/2018
- Jaguar Heritage, Classic and Sports Cars, Kempton Park – 15/09/2018
- Autumn Classic, Sandown Park – 27/10/2018
- Annual Christmas Classic, Sandown Park – 11/12/2018
RESULTS, BARONS, SANDOWN PARK, DECEMBER 12 2017
|Year||Make||Model||Sold @ Inc|
|1964||Jaguar||MK2 3.8 Saloon||£41,800|
|2000||Bentley||Arnage Red Label||£29,000|
|1989||Peugeot||205 GTi 1.9||£26,620|
|1934||Alvis||Speed 20 SB||£13,200|
|1994||Jaguar||XJS 4.0 Face Lift||£11,000|
|2005||Porsche||Boxster 3.2S 987||£10,450|
|RXX 1||Cherished registration||£5,610|
|2002||Range Rover||P38 Vogue||£5,060|
|2005||Mini||Cooper S Convertible||£3,960|
|1999||Mercedes||CLK 230 Kompressor||£2,420|
For further information please visit www.barons-auctions.com.[wpna hide=’ia’][phpbay keywords=”peugeot 205″ num=”200″ siteid=”15″ category=”29751″ sortorder=”BestMatch” templatename=”columns” columns=”2″ paging=”true”][/wpna]
Peugeot 205: The Complete Story (Crowood Autoclassics)
£18.95 in stock
5 used from £17.21
|Part Number||270 colour photographs|
|Number Of Pages||192|
Peugeot 205 GTI
£10.45 in stock
2 used from £7.80
|Number Of Pages||96|
Jada 99572 1/24 Ford Escort Mk1 RS2000 Fast and Furious
- Collectible miniature car.
Mens Escort Mk1 Car T-Shirt Classic Retro Since 1968 Garage Style Black
- Made From 100% Organic Cotton. Fairwair Foundation and Peta Certified.
- Printed using NeoPigment water-based inks.
- Shirt Sizes (To Fit) - Small 36" chest, Medium 38" chest, Large 42" chest, X-Large 44" chest, XX-Large 48" chest, XXX-Large 50" chest
- Please refer to sizing guide in item photographs for more detailed measurments.
- Browse more Fuelly Threads products by clicking our brand name above.
Factory-Original Sporting Mk1 Escorts
£27.35 in stock
4 used from £27.67
|Part Number||300 colour photos|
|Number Of Pages||200|