A Great Start To 2018
Robust results at Coys Autosport and Maastricht auctions, held simultaneously on Saturday 13th January, indicate the classic car market remains stable and resilient with a positive outlook for the coming 12 months.
The international car auctioneers held simultaneous auctions at two of Europe’s most important shows, Autosport International in Birmingham (UK) and Interclassics in Maastricht (Holland).
Chris Routledge, CEO of Coys, who had predicted that 2018 would see new participants in the classic car market and that the outlook was optimistic, said: “The results across both auctions signify a very encouraging and very good start of 2018 and also show a positive outlook for the historic collector car market in the coming 12 months.
“Both auctions, which were the first international sales of the year, saw cars selling across the globe from the UK to America to Russia and bode well for the forthcoming and significant auction season in Scottsdale, Arizona.”
Significantly, the 1993 Ferrari F40 competition car attracted bidders from all four corners of the world. Fitted with its original matching numbers engine, it was delivered to Kroymans BV in Holland and was raced in period by Patrick Huisman and David Hart on various circuits throughout Europe.
The highlights of the Interclassics Maastricht sale included a 1961 Ferrari 250 GTE with coachwork by Pininfarina that sold for €292,000, a 1969 Ford Boss 429 Mustang for €214,000 and a 1986 Aston Martin V8 Volante for €180,000.
COYS 2018 AUCTION CALENDAR
- Autosport International, NEC, Birmingham, UK (January 13th)
- Interclassics Maastricht, Holland (January 13th)
- The London Classic Car Show, ExCeL, London, UK (17th February)
- The Carole Nash MCN London Motorcycle Show, ExCeL, London, UK (17th February)
- Techno Classica Essen, Essen, Germany (24th March)
- Legende et Passion at Monaco in conjunction with the Historic Grand Prix, Monaco (May 12th)
- Chiswick House, London, UK (May 26th)
- Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire, UK (June 30th)
- Fontwell, UK (July 14th)*
- Schloss Dyck, Germany (August 4th)
- Fontwell, UK (September 8th)*
- True Greats, London, UK (December 4th)
*Date to be confirmed.